Thursday, December 31, 2009

The One who Stood in Awe

Today was the day I’ve been looking forward to for the entire trip. Today I explored Rome. Rome! It was everything I expected it to be and more.

The first place I stopped at was the Vatican City. This is St. Peter’s Basilica.

And this is the line to get in to St Peter’s Basilica.

The line went surprisingly fast despite how long it looks, and after going through security check, this was the sight I saw when I stepped into the Basilica.

It took me almost an hour to walk around because the place was so big but most of the time I stood in awe.

These are the Swiss Guards.

And yes, I giggled.

The next place on the agenda is one of my favourite place in the world (but nothing compared to being by you side). I’m not even going to introduce it. You should know its name or else we’re not on the same page. =T


I wanted to go inside so badly but the line was just too long and I didn’t have time. I am definitely coming back one day though. I need to see it for my own eyes.

Check, wore gladiator sandals in the Colosseum, well outside it anyways.

The Arch of Constantine, which next to the Colosseum.

This is Fontana di Trevi (Trevi Fountain)

The water at the bottom of the fountain represents the sea. Legend has it you will return to Rome if you throw one coin into the water.
If you throw 2 of the same coin you will get the works- career, marriage and happiness.

If you throw 3 coins, you’ll end up divorced, lonely and unhappy.

You should toss it over your shoulder with your back to the fountain.

 
For lunch it was pizza and gelato. And they both taste so good! like i never knew they could get this yummy!

This is the Pantheon of Rome. The building, temple dedicated to the whole of the gods during Antiquity, especially at Mars and Venus, guards of Iulia People, became a dedicated Christian church with Saint-Mary-aux-Martyrs into 609.

I practically ran around Rome the whole day! It was awesome, just being there!

So jealous much, Cynthia?

2 comments:

  1. YAY GLADIATOR SANDALS IN ROME! :D :D :D
    Very happy, very happy.

    Rome looks amazing. Question though - Why were there Swiss guards in Rome? And why is it they look like jesters?

    Nice ass. I mean ice.
    I want gelato :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waa, it's like Angels and Demons in real life =]

    ReplyDelete