Monday, December 28, 2009

The One Where Fantasy Meets Reality

Today I crossed 3 countries. Three whole countries and I’m finally in the country of my dreams, Italy. But before I got here, I bussed through Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Austria. The scenery I drove pass was amazing. The road was surrounded by enormous mountains, as were the countries.



Man, I wouldn’t mind waking up to that scenery every single day.

I stop at Vaduz, the capital of Liechtenstein, for an hour. Liechtenstein is a small country; actually it’s so small that I didn’t even know that it was a country. I thought that I was still in Switzerland and it was just another city.

So what’s Liechtenstein? Stamps. Yes, postage stamps. They even have a stamp museum. So I went with the flow and bought a stamp, for the first time in my life. I mean, who uses snail mail anymore? Emails are cheaper, faster and free! =D


In Vaduz there is also a castle, but the lifts weren’t operating today, so I could go up. You wouldn’t have been able to get inside but taking a closer look would have bee worthwhile.

Next stop was Innsbruck, Austria. The first thing I noticed about Austria was the strange decorations they had outside their buildings.

 
 
Some were actually quite scary. Well, we headed straight for the famous Goldenes Dachl, Golden Roof, which is basically a building with a gold looking roof but it’s actually comprises of 2657 gilded copper tiles dating from the 16th century.

SO after gold it was crystals. We visited Swarovski’s winter wonderland created by Tord Boontje.

 
 
 
 
 
 
  
Isn’t it pretty?
For lunch it was, Austrian sausage, potatoes and sour cabbage. =)

After what felt like 100 years on the bus, I arrived at Verona , Italy at 6:30pm, We jumped off the bus and rushed towards, you’ll never guess. Welll you might have because I mentioned Verona which has been forever associated with Romeo and Juliet. I actually went to Casa di Giuletta, Juliet’s house! Yes, Juliet from Romeo and Juilet. But unfortunealty we got there to late and the gates were closed =(

 
 
That balcony is probably where Juliet gets serenaded by Romeo.

The entrance smothered with lover’s graffiti, which I found really sweet. =3 I really wish could of wrote my own proclamation of my love for you, honey! But then when I thought about it, I don’t want our love to end in tragedy, like theirs. I don’t want it to end at all. =D kekekeke.

This was dinner. I had never had rice like that before, but it was so delicious! <33 I love Italian food!

I’m staying at Ibis Hotel Padova for one night and I found the most strangest thing.

What is that? My dad says that you use is to wash you butt. But really? o_O?


So jealous much, Cynthia?

1 comment:

  1. Oh you. You're such a charmer.
    Our love won't ever end; in tragedy or at all.
    The winter wonderland looks AMAZING. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete