Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The One in a Mask

I had the most loveliest day today. I spent the whole day in Venice.

I rode on a gondola, which is the only transport available in Venice. Even though I was passing streets I walked by before, it felt totally different on a gondola.

I had a yummy lunch.

Spaghetti

Seafood salad

Gelato

After Lunch I went on a shopping spree on masks! They are so beautiful! And there were so many different types; I was overwhelmed with the choices. A nice Italian guy explained to me the differences so I wouldn’t get ripped off. Next time I’m coming in February to see these masks in action.

I absolutely love Venice. It’s made up of so many small islands, attached by small bridges and filled with narrow paths. You could easily lose yourself.

But there are a few landmarks like St. Marks Square. This is St. Mark’s Basilica.

  
This is the ceiling of the entrance. I didn’t take any photos of the interior cause it wasn’t allowed, but it was honestly really pretty. Like really really pretty. The prettiest by far.

The Bell Tower

  
The Bridge

I honestly had so much fun exploring. I had the whole day, so I wasn’t rushing like usual. When you’re on a tour there’s always a deadline, and never enough time. But in Venice, I strolled and just absorbed everything. I found myself falling in love with Italy all over again.


So jealous much, Cynthia?

1 comment: