Monday, December 28, 2009

The One on Top of the World

I began my day with a trip up the snowy mountains. But before I started snapping away, my dad told me to wait. He then proceeded to reach into his jacket and pulled out his aviators! LOL! I was like o_O? He was like “I’ll look cooler”. & indeed he does.


 

There was a glacier cave near the top. The ice shone like diamonds. It was really beautiful!


 It took 2 lifts, 4 stations, 3020 metres, 5 flights of stairs to get to the top. & this is what we saw:


My dad saw some skiers, and he thought it’d be cool to take photos with them. They were probably thinking wtf? who’s this guy? LOL


After lunch (which was an over-priced baguette- most shops are closed on Sundays in Europe), we drove to the Rheine Falls, which is Europe biggest waterfall. I didn’t think it was that big, but it was pretty.

My dad and I took a little boat which costs 5.50Euro to the rocks in the middle of the falls. The stairs were really steep but the view was awesome from the top. 




On the way down, I was too busy taking photos, that I slipped and ended up sliding most of the way. My finger nails on my left hand broke, my butt didn’t take it very lightly, and my dad told me off for not holding on to the rails. But the photos were worth it. =D

Afterwards we headed to Zürich. We were given an hour so my dad and I went exploring. We visited a couple of churches, and then it started to snow a little. Even after seeing all that snow today, I haven’t gotten sick of it yet. I love the snow!


After the hour was up we headed back to Lucerne for dinner then it was straight back to the hotel.


So jealous much, Cynthia?

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, your photos are breathtaking.
    The ones of the view are pretty nice too.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete